Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Two fragrances I've been loving.

Two scents that I've been wearing lately are Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy and (somewhat embarrassingly) M by Mariah Carey.

M features the following notes: Tahitian Tiare, Gardenia, Amber, Marshmallow, "Sea Breeze" accord, Patchouli, and Moroccan incense.
... Marshmallow?! I didn't know that until just now. No wonder I like this scent so much! I don't know how to describe this perfume other than to say that it's very feminine. I've also never received as many compliments wearing a perfume as I have wearing this one. Surprisingly, considering the price, M lasts a long time on my skin without being overpowering. This is probably mostly due to the fac that it is an eau de parfum and not an eau de toilette. Eau de parfum generally lingers longer because it is more concentrated. People are generally shocked when I tell them it's Mariah Carey's fragrance. It's also extremely reasonably priced and available in drugstores like CVS. 


 
Viva La Juicy features the following notes: Wild Berries, Mandarins, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Jasmine, Amber, Caramel, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Praline.
This fragrance is extremely girly and flirtatious. Also, I must say that the packaging is adorable. This may not matter to some people seeing as it is the scent and its impact that you carry with you, but I'm a sucker for packaging. When I'm groggy and running all over my apartment in the morning, trying to get out of the door at least somewhat on time, picking up this pretty bottle, pulling off its crystal cap and spraying my neck with this perfume makes me feel like I am treating myself.


It's interesting to me the way perfume affects a woman. With a couple sprays, a fragrance can brighten your mood and heighten your confidence. It also seems that scent selection is highly individualized. In that sense, we form a special bond with our perfume, as a representation of ourselves as women and as individuals.


1 comment:

  1. I love the Viva La Juicy on you! And the packaging is awesome. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...