Monday, July 23, 2012

more photos from a friend's visit.

One of the great things about having a friend from out of town come to visit is that you feel inspired to do the things you take for granted in your own hometown. I also tried to bring Jill to some of my favorite cafes in the Albany area. Basically, each day was filled with a pleasant combination of adventure and comfort/familiarity. Needless to say, we ate a bunch of scrumptious food, drank yummy drinks, took long strolls, and saw some amazing friends.

Let's begin with the truly tasty part: food.

On Jill's first morning, I decided to bring her to one of my favorite places in all of Albany: the Iron Gate Cafe. This place is such a beautiful little getaway from the city. We sat in the front garden and it was gorgeous. And Bear joined us!




The bagel sandwiches from Uncommon Grounds shown below were so incredibly satisfying and delicious. I got my standard BLT on a sesame bagel and Jill tried out the pesto bagel which apparently changed her life.


Another day, we visited one of my new favorite cafes to go to for some breakfast food: the Daily Grind in Albany. They offer a breakfast sandwich and coffee combo all day long! Perfect for late-risers like myself. Tim and I went for some breakfast this weekend and they had specially brewed ice coffee infused with cannoli flavor and scent. So delicious!



Om nom nom nom nom.




One night, we decided to get all dolled ("dawled") up and go to the Merry Monk for tasty food and drinks.

Oh, hey girl!



And here are some random photos from walking around.


This is the inside of a car we came across.


We got mani-pedis! Haaaay!


I'm pretty sure my next post will be about the accent wall I painted in my bedroom.

Thank you for reading! Let me know if you have anything in particular you'd like me to post about!

xoxo
Cara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...