Thursday, January 31, 2013

5 Things I love Tuesday (Thursday)?

1. Breaking Bad.

I have been borderline unhealthily obsessed with Breaking Bad. I watched my first episode a couple weeks ago and have since completed two seasons. After watching the first few episodes, I was so emotionally and intellectually challenged that I didn't know if I could handle continuing to watch the show, but I persevered and now I am a full-on addict. It's been getting in the way of cleaning my room... Whoopsy!

2. Light Witch's Blog/Tumblr.
Image from Light Witch's Tumblr.
Image from Light Witch's Tumblr.
I had been familiar with Light Witch because I follow her on Instagram. Her username is light_witch if you are interested in checking her out. I'm not sure how I stumbled upon her blog, but I'm so glad I did. I love the whimsical and ethereal quality of her photography. When I look at her images, I feel transported.

3. My social work friends!




I am so grateful to have met so many amazing people during my social work studies. It really is true that if you pursue your genuine interests, you will likely find friends who have similar mentalities as yourself. Thursday social work happy hours were one of my favorite memories from last semester!

4. Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks.
Image from TBE Blog.
Recently, I've been getting really into wearing bright colored lipsticks again. I had heard about the Kate Moss lipsticks on YouTube, so I decided to pick one up while at CVS one day. I bought a deep reddish-fuchsia color and I was so surprised by both the color pay-off and lasting power, especially considering the price point of about $5.00. I was so impressed that I recently went back and bought a more true red shade. So excited to rock a bold lip!

5. Afterglow Photography App for iPhone.


I've really been enjoying the Afterglow photo editing app for iPhone. I mainly use it for its light leak options. There are different light leak overlays you can place on top of your photos. You can control the intensity and orientation of the leaks, as well. I like the lomography-esque effect these leaks give to an image. They just add so much character! The app also allows you to tweak your images in more standard ways, like by playing with contrast, brightness, etc.

Thanks so much for reading!
xoxo
Cara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...