Tuesday, June 12, 2012

5 things I love Tuesdays.

State Street in Albany, NY. On Washington Park.
1. the gorgeous weather

The weather in Albany as of late has been amazing. I'm talking partly cloudy and warm with just the perfect amount of breeze. And when it does rain, it's the calming kind of rain that drifts you off into a heavy, satisfying sleep at night. The kind of rain to which you read and doze off.


Patsy's Barber Shop.
2. exploring Albany

Since moving downtown, I've really begun to realize that Albany has so many hidden treasures. This past weekend, I went with my boyfriend to his barber shop, names Patsys's Barber Shop, because he told me how amazing and retro it is. I was not let down. Not only does the place look like it was torn out of the '40s, but the barbers are a complete contradiction in that they are hardcore punk-rock, down-to-earth guys. This opposition created such an interesting dynamic in the shop and it really works.


Left apron from Home Goods. Right apron is my roommate's.
 3. good-looking' cookin'

Baking can be such a mess. I've learned that lesson, but dirtying up several outfits in the kitchen. Flour is enemy. But you don't need to sacrifice fashion while baking if you have an adorable apron like those shown above.


Amazing apple cinnamon coffeecake. Recipe can be found here.
 4. baking... again
'Nuff said.



5. outfits of the day

I've been really enjoying doing outfits of the day. It keeps me on my toes about my style. Instead of rolling out of bed and throwing on whatever work clothes (because no one in my office really cares anyways), I've been putting in more effort and it's improved my mood at work noticeably.
As for my outfit today, shown above, the cardigan is from Ann Taylor, the lace blouse is from Banana Republic, and the skirt is from American Apparel.


I hope you are all well and thank you so much for reading! If you have any ideas of things you'd like to see (or see more of) in my blog, please leave a comment! I value your opinion.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...