Tuesday, July 10, 2012

5 things i love tuesday.

1. Pixlromatic
This photography app is extremely entertaining. What I like most about it is that it kind of works in layers. For instance, you choose a certain filter to put on the original photograph, then you choose any light fills/leaks you like, and then you choose a border. In this way, it allows you more flexibility than Instagram.



2. Urbanears Headphones
I must admit the aesthetic of these headphones are really what drew me to them! I love the retro and crisp look of them. I decided to go with white, the crispest of the crisp, but we'll see how long that lasts. Ha!




3. e.l.f. Kabuki Face Brush
I've wanted a kabuki brush for a while, but couldn't get myself to spring for the ~$30 a Sephora brand would cost. I was a little worried when I bought this one from e.l.f. (it was $6, which is expensive for that brand), but I took the risk. I am very content I did! The hairs are so soft on my face and it covers a great surface area.


4. Happy hour with my cousins!
My cousin Laura and I have decided to make a tradition out of Monday night happy hour at the Capital City Gastropub. Sundays and Mondays are all-day happy hour specials. $3 pints and $6 glasses of wine. They also have delicious food! It's so nice to be able to look forward to a tasty glass of wine with a great friend after work on a Monday.



I love this picture of Laura. Haha!



Cinemagram.
Another iPhone app I've been enjoying is Cinemagram. Basically you take a video of something and then you choose which parts to leave animated and which parts to leave as a still frame. It's hard to get one that looks just right, but it creates a very cool effect and offers an interesting alternative to your typical photograph.




Thank you for reading and have a great week, folks! xoxo


3 comments:

  1. Oh man, those last thingies are gooorgeous!

    I've only been to gastropub once, which is stupid, because I can like, walk to it. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! I highly recommend. If you're into beer, they have a great selection! They also make delicious pizzas (the super thin crust kind mmm).

      Delete
  2. Those photos and videos are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...