Sunday, April 6, 2014

montreal and a roll of 35 mm film from my holga.

I found myself up in montreal again this past monday. I left work earlier to rush up there to meet one of my best friends from college, Jill. I had bought tickets to go see one of my favorite bands perform - Okkervil River. On the way up, I listened to their music the whole way. We grabbed a quick couple of drinks at Dieu du Ciel and headed over to La Salla Rosa for the concert.
The show was so much more than I could have imagined. Will Sheff's voice is the most imperfect perfection. In some interview He writes the best lyrics I've ever heard. Will Sheff did an acoustic, solo version of "A Stone" and I know it's corny, but I started to tear up from the rawness. In an interview I once saw, he explained how writing songs expresses a feeling and/or thoughts in a way that can't simply be expressed in words, otherwise music may not exist. I completely agree with this concept and I think it relates to all art forms - visual arts, cinema, music, etc. I'm going to add some really good live performances by Okkervil River at the end of the post, if anyone is interested.
Jill was kind enough to let me stay that night with her and her boyfriend in their beautiful apartment in Notre Dame de Grâce.

I woke up at my leisure and ventured out to make the most of a day in Montreal. Walking down the streets there, my heart feels like it opens up a bit. I don't really know how to explain it other than that... It's like I can breathe into my heart.




My favorite café in the world, Café Vero, has officially been graffiti-ed (as seen below). Not sure how I feel about rainbow kitty...




Every nook and cranny of Montreal holds so much to explore. There is not one street that does not have its own unique character.
Some photos from the drive home...



Okkervil River:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...